Get StartedClick one of the options below to get started
What We Do
CHIP is a private, non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation serving Butte, Glenn, Tehama, Shasta, Sutter, Yuba and Colusa counties. “Helping People Help Themselves” is CHIP’s mission. We assist low-income and rural disadvantaged residents, seniors and others who lack financial resources or knowledge to improve or provide adequately for their housing. Here’s what we do:
- Construct mutual self-help (sweat equity) housing and affordable multi-family apartment housing
- Manage rental properties we build and properties owned by others
- Provide farm worker housing
- Provide education and services to residents
- Build and enhance communities
Our organization has built more than 2000 housing units in our seven-county service area and is acknowledged as an innovator and leader in rural housing issues. Read our most recent Annual Report.
Bernie Perry of Timios Title (top left) accepts the 2017 Outstanding Partner Award from Dave Ferrier; Nathan Souza of Precision Business Associated (bottom left) Accepts the Outstanding Service Award.